Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Notes From My Desk: Bookshelves of Terror



God, I have a lot of books to read.  And review.  Right now I have a bookshelf -- a half-size Billy bookcase from Ikea, to be specific -- devoted mostly to the books I blog about.  The bottom shelf is crammed (literally crammed, books are sideways, stacked, and stuffed in there) with books teetering on the edge threatening to overflow onto the floor.  And all of them need to be read.  L  Sad face is sad because she doesn’t have enough time in the day, week, or year.

But that one shelf isn’t all of them as there are more on the next shelf up.  Not the whole shelf is completely filled books to be read and it isn’t nearly at haphazardly filed as the bottom shelf.  The rest of that shelf is books I’ve read and either reviewed or never going to review.  Last but not least is the top shelf -- my real horror.  This shelf is reserved for the books I’ve read and pending a review.   For the first few months of blogging, I was pretty good at keeping up with reviews.  I don’t know what changed (I think I got bit by a lazy bug), but now my to-review stack is… well… embarrassing and overwhelming.

 …and I don’t even want to think about my eReader.  O_O

I know I’m not the only one with overflowing bookshelves, so tell me about yours in comments!

Toadstool-ingly yours,






PS:  The saddest thing about this post is that I’m procrastinating and was right in the middle of writing a review when I began typing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment