Monday, August 20, 2012

Green Monkey Love

As I am knew to the whole reviewing books thing, I've been reading a lot of reviews on GoodReads. That last statement is a little deceiving though, because regardless of whether I just started reviewing books, I would still be reading reviews on GoodReads. I practically live on GoodReads.

Anyway, I've been trying to read a variety of reviews; reviews of established reviewers with blogs who receive ARCs from publishers to reviews from 14 year olds who want to throw their two cents in about their newest love in the book world. But what I'm finding sometimes is rather disappointing: a lot of reviewers give rather emotionally charged reviews which are neither informative or helpful. For example, reading a book about green monkeys when you only like reading about red monkeys, then reviewing with a bad score stating only that you didn't like that the author wrote about green monkeys. This does not tell me anything useful. It leaves me sitting at my desk wondering "Well what if I do like green monkeys?"

And why would you even pick up a book about green monkeys if you're prejudice against them? Poor green monkeys; I still love you.

Final Thought:  0 of 50 toadstools

No comments:

Post a Comment